“Great leaders believe in their people and hold them to a high standard in order for them to reach their best.” In Season 6 Episode 8 we are joined by Jon Gordon. He is a world famous author and speaker. His best-selling books include the Energy Bus, The Carpenter, Training Camp, The Seed and You Win in The Locker Room, among others. His words and talks have inspired readers and audiences around the world. His principles have been put to the test by numerous NCAA, NFL, NBA, MLB coaches and teams, Fortune 500 companies, school districts, hospitals and non-profits.
You can follow Jon on social @jongordon11 and find in on the web jongordon.com.
We covered a lot of ground in our discussion including:
- How great leaders balance love and accountability
- Why Clemson football coach Dabo Swinney is a great leader
- What leaders can learn from Coach Swinney
- How to define love as a verb in the workplace
- Why discipline isn’t a negative thing
- Jon's favorite lesson from the “Energy Bus”
- Why it’s important to always remain a student
- How it all changed when Jon started doing the laundry
- Why your marriage needs to be your foundation
This podcast is brought to you by LearnLoft.com