“Talent is the unique way you think, you feel, and the way you act”
In season 16 episode 5 we are joined by Tim Hiller. He is a former NFL and Division 1 college QB. Today, Tim leads the Talent Management function of the Instruments division of Stryker, a Fortune 500 medical technologies firm based in Michigan.
- Leadership lessons learned from the football huddle
- Lessons learned from Hall of Fame QB Peyton Manning
- Why commander’s intent is so important
- What is leadership?
- Why expectations are so important?
- Why talent is so important towards your success
- The difference between telling and asking
- How do you get your people to serve?
- How to look for talent
- Why striving is so important
- How to bring faith to work in a large organization
This podcast is brought to you by www.learnloft.com/ultimateleadershipacademy
"Spread leadership at all times, only use words when you have to."
In season 16 episode 4 John Eades covered the most important decision you have to make as a leader.
In the episode we cover:
- Did you choose leadership or did it choose you
- What does it mean to be a leader
- Why knowing the definition of leadership isn't enough
- Why your example and the model you provide matters
- Are you interested or committed to being a leader?
- The Ultimate Leadership Academy
Learn more about the Ultimate Leadership Academy here or go to www.learnloft.com/ultimateleadershipacademy
“Your job as a leader is to lift other people up”
In season 16 episode 3 we are joined by Brad Lomenick. He was the CEO of Catalyst and the author of H3 Leadership.
- Why Habits are so important in life and leadership?
- Why it’s important you are developing people early on
- How leaders should look for character?
- Why do we have so many bad leaders?
- How do you prepare people to do their next job?
This podcast is brought to you by LearnLoft.com
“Communication is the key that keeps a company going. When it starts to break down, problems start to happen.”
In season 16 episode 2 we are joined by Allen Gannett. He is the CEO of Track Maven and Marketing Analytics company as well as the author of The Creative Curve.
You can follow him on LinkedIn here, get the book here, or learn more about Track Maven here.
In our conversation we cover:
- Why maturity makes you a more effective leader
- How do you go about being vulnerable with your team
- How to be proactive to develop your culture
- Why hiring is so important in the development of culture
- Why people should care about creativity
- What are our two evolutionary urges
- Why you must do purposeful practice
- How to be a creative
- How to build a brand on LinkedIn
This podcast is brought to you by LightStream.com and the National Standards Institute.
"I try to encourage and inspire every leader in our company to serve their teams."
In Season 16 episode 1, we are joined by Jason Lippert the CEO of Lippert Components Incorporated (LCI), a $2.0+ billion revenue company with 11,000 team members across the US, Canada and Italy. They are a supplier of specialized and complex component solutions for our customers in the RV industry, manufactured housing, leisure and mobile transportation industries.
In our conversation we cover:
- Why organizational leadership should stop managing based on results
- How generations thought differently about the development of people
- Why Jason believes "Everybody Matters"
- How to create a business where people are truly valued
- Why Core Values are so important in leadership
- What is a "dream manager"
- How to drastically reduce lower turnover
- Why culture is so important to LCI's success
- How to attract great talent
This podcast is brought to you by LearnLoft. Check out the Elite Culture Company survey at learnloft.com/welderculture.