“In order to improve performance reviews for your people you must collect data from more people than just yourself.”
In season 15 episode 4 we are joined by Dave Needham. He is the CEO of Ohos a real-time feedback and performance evaluation software company.
On the show we cover:
- How often should performance review be done?
- Why performance reviews are broken?
- How the best leaders do performance reviews
- How leading and lagging indicators play into performance reviews
- How managers think about improving performance reviews
This podcast is brought to you by LearnLoft.com.
“If you change yourself, you can change your organization and it will make you happier.”
In season 15 episode 3, Whitney Johnson joins us on the show. She was named one of the world's fifty most influential management thinkers by Thinkers50 in 2017. She is also the author of the bestselling Build an A-Team (2018) and Disrupt Yourself: Putting the Power of Disruptive Innovation to Work (2015).
You can learn more about here.
In the conversation we cover:
- How to define success
- How do optimize your own learning curve
- How do you optimize the learning curve for your people
- How do you not get complacent when running your team
- How the best leaders help their people grow?
- How much the size of an organization play into the opportunity for growth
- How to become a talent magnet and build an ‘A’ team.
- What is harder leading at work or leading at home?
This podcast is brought to you by LearnLoft.com. Check out the culture survey here.
“People are hungry for authentic and hungry leadership”
In season 15 episode 2 we are joined by Ryan Estis. He is a highly sought-after speaker and trainer who supports some of the world's leading brands.
You can learn more about Ryan here.
In our conversation we cover:
- Why watches matter
- Why time is our most valuable resource
- Why people are hungry for great leadership
- How Edward Jones provides a great example of leadership
- How you change an unhealthy organization
- What does the future of work look like
- Are people at an advantage without kids?
- What is one of life’s most interesting questions
- 2 daily questions you should ask yourself daily
- Why you should live with no regret
This podcast is brought to you by LearnLoft.com learn more about the 90 Day Leadership Challenge here.
In season 15 episode 1 we are joined by Sue Hiser. She is the author of "Your Epic Adventure: A 90 Day Personal Challenge" To get us started in season 15, John has created a 90 Day leadership challenge we hope you join us on.
In the podcast we cover:
- The 90 Day Leadership Epic Adventure
- What is an epic adventure?
- How does someone hold themselves accountable
- Why 90 days is so important to do something epic
- Why you should think about a pacifier when in doubt
This podcast is brought to you by LearnLoft.com. You can learn more about the challenge by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Don't neglect your personal power to influence others in a positive way."
In season 14 episode 8, John Eades covers a story with Jimmy Collins the 3rd employee at Chick-fil-A around how Truett Cathy got "It's My Pleasure" a part of its culture.
In the podcast we cover:
This podcast is brought to you by LearnLoft.com