“The sooner you can get clear on what you want, you will have an edge on everyone else”
In season 9 Episode 3, we are joined by Patrick Bet-David. He is a successful entrepreneur, CEO of PHP (a financial services company), the creator of Valuetainment, (youtube channel that has well over 300k subscriber and videos that have accumulated millions upon millions of views.)
In our conversation we cover:
- What is Entrepreneurship?
- Why Entrepreneurship is so important today?
- Why helping people is so important?
- Why you can’t be selfish in business and make it over the long term
- What you can learn from Walmart to help you in business
- The best thing that can happen to an entrepreneur
- How to judge a successful leader or coach?
- What’s harder leading at work or leading home?
- Why it’s important to invest in your own mind
This podcast is brought to you by LearnLoft. Take the free Welder Leader Assessment at LearnLoft.com/assessment.
“No one can afford not to think of their personal brand anymore. The world has changed around you, you better change too.”
In season 9 episode 2 we are joined by social media and personal branding expert Kathleen Hessert. She is the CEO of Sports Media Challenge and has been a mover in the sports and media business for over 30 years. She has worked with people like Peyton Manning, Shaquille O'Neil, Pope Francis, and Derek Jeter. She is never satisfied with what has happened, she jumps at what can happen, then makes it happen.
You can follow her on Twitter @kathleenhessert
In one of our most powerful episodes to date we cover:
- What you can learn from Peyton Manning about your personal brand
- What professionals can do to build a strong professional brand
- Why you need to be valued vs valuable in your organization
- Why Bravery is so important in life
- Why it’s important to be intentional
- Why it’s important companies and brands begin focusing on Generation Z
This podcast is brought to you by LearnLoft.com.
“Being a leader isn’t about getting everything right, it’s about being committed to a continuous improvement process.”
In season 9 episode 1 we are joined by Callaway Golf CEO Chip Brewer. He has served as the CEO of Callaway Golf since March 2012 prior to that he served as the President and CEO of Adams Golf for 10 years. In a golf industry where many companies are shrinking or selling off parts of the business, Callaway has become the leader in the space.
You can learn more about Callaway at Callawaygolf.com
In our conversation we cover:
- What challenges leaders face in an organizational turnaround
- Why it’s important for leaders to listen to the marketplace
- Why having great products is a key to DSPD
- How to think about failure in order to innovate?
- What’s it like to be the CEO of a publicly traded company?
- Why it’s important to love your profession
- Who's Chip’s favorite Professional Golfer to play with
- His top 3 golf courses to play
- Other leadership lessons learned from the market share leader in golf
This podcast is brought to you by LearnLoft.com. You can learn more about our special offer for podcast listeners at resources.learnloft.com/welderleader.