“When you are doing something successful you can repeat things day after day.”
In season 20 episode 4, we are joined by Elvis Epps. He is the Principle at Lake Worth Community High School. He was recognized by the Central Florida YMCA as an outstanding Black Achiever for the volunteer community service with families and youth in the Central Florida area. He has been the special guest speaker on Oprah and Friends XM radio programs. He has been a guest panelist at the American Association for Colleges of Teacher Education in Washington, DC. He is the author of two books, "You Make the Difference: Educate, Motivate, Celebrate!" and "Teaching with Passion and Purpose."
In the show we covered:
- What do you want to be known for?
- How often you should think about the impact you are making on others
- How to Influence Other Leaders
- How to transfer character to others
- Why listening is so important in leadership
- What’s the best way to insert a process orientation thinking
- Why Integrity is so important in leadership
-How to eliminate negativity from your culture
“As I continue to be a student of the leadership, I have to continue to be real and lead with authenticity”
In season 20 episode 3, we are joined by Jay Shah. He is the CEO of Personal Capital a company who gives its customers a whole new way to understand, manage, and grow their money.
In the show we cover:
- What is the difference between the CEO and COO
- How do you channel ambition to become CEO
- Why company mission and purpose are so important
- What two financial questions you should ask yourself
- Why it’s important to stay close to your employees
- How do you scale leadership across the organization
- How do you build a strategy?
- Why diversity and inclusion is so important today from a leadership perspective
- What’s the ROI of being a purpose-driven organization and culture driven?
“We all have courage inside of us, we just have to find it. When we do that, we will unlock a version of us we can’t even imagine.”
In season 20 episode 2 we are joined by Dylan Slattery. He is a 2x cancer survivor, Podcast Host, Mental Health advocate, Performance Coach, and Mentor.
During our show we cover:
- Why denial hurts you so much
- Why excuses cause so many issues in your life
- What a cancer diagnosis feels like
- How to be more vulnerable with your people
- What you can learn from the footprint stories
- Why cancer can give you something to fight for
- Why you have to be willing to let people in your life
- Two Powerful questions to ask yourself
- What seeing death can help you in your life
- How do you want to be remembered?