“We live up to the labels that are given to us”
In season 17 episode 5 we are joined by Mareo McCracken. He is an advisor, writer, coach, and Revenue Officer at Movemedical. In our conversation we cover:
-What do most leaders care about; people or results?
- How does a leader not just say they care about their people?
- Why is confidence so important?
- What is self-esteem?
- What role leaders play in the development of confidence and self-esteem
Learn more about Mareo here
"A leader's visions must go beyond what the eyes can see"
In season 17 episode 4, John Eades covers the purpose trifecta in an effort to help you lead your team better. In the show we cover:
- 3 types of people
- The purpose trifecta
- How to onboard a new team member
- What is being mission focused
- Why you must define core values
- Why you should be a visionary leader
- How to think about vision
Interested in helping with John's new book? eMail firstname.lastname@example.org
"If you don’t have a game plan around accountability as a leader you shouldn't even try"
In season 17 episode 3 we are joined by Todd Weiden. He is the head of Branch Transformation at SunTrust Bank. He has led teams and people for over 10 years with incredible results. In the episode, he shares incredible lessons about:
- How to look for promotional opportunities
- How to turn around a team as a leader
- Why You should use a spark to get a team going
- Why You Have to Invite Your Team to Perform Better
- How to be Creative With Content As a Leader
- Why Consistency is so important
- Why Communication is critical to the success of any team
- How content can help build accountability and skill
- Why are priorities so important in leadership
- How to handle underperforming people
- How to think about accountability
- What’s the best way to think about hustle
- What’s harder leading at home or leading at work
This episode was brought to you by LearnLoft.com
"When you set standards and you allow your people to choose to meet or exceed them you get an entirely different response."
In season 17 episode 2, John Eades and Mark Houston go through the 5 Leader Profiles of the Welder Leader Assessment to help you on your leadership journey.
In the conversation we cover:
- Where the welder leader research started
- Why Dabo Swinney is a great example of a Welder leader
- How should leaders define love
- How should leaders define discipline
- Examples of all 5 leader profiles
- Why it's important to help someone be at their best
- What do you do if people aren't meeting standards
- What do you do if you are a manager, ruler, pleaser, dabbler, or welder?
Take the free assessment at http://learnloft.com/assessment