In Season 2 Episode 8 we are joined by Kristina Evans, the Head of Recruiting & Social Media Strategist for Exactor, a high-tech company based in the greater Philadelphia area that offers a comprehensive sales tax software suite for businesses. Kristina is highly passionate about driving proactive, creative, and outside [of] the box recruitment strategies. Kristina is also a Freelance Contributor for Recruiter.com, and a LinkedIn Publisher. Outside of working and writing, you can find her spending time with family or on the mat training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
We covered a ton of ground in our discussion including:
- What Recruiters Really Look for in Professionals
- What is Culture
- Why Culture Matters
- Why Team Building is Critical to Culture
- Why Most Companies Get Culture Wrong
- What Professionals Can to Do Stand Out From the Crowd
- Why she Refuses to Use Application Tracking Systems
- Why a Resume is Just a Ticket to get a Conversation Not the Key
- No Matter What you are Doing Don’t Lose your Sense of Human Touch
- What Leadership Really Means
- Why it’s Important to Have a Digital Footprint Today
- How to go About Creating a Digital Footprint
This podcast is brought to you by LearnLoft.com an online learning company focused on developing the modern professional.
Doug Sandler(@djdoug) is a professional speaker, trainer, blogger, and podcaster. Doug has over 30 years of business experience as an entrepreneur, business owner, manager and staff member. His book, Nice Guys Finish First is a #1 ranked Amazon Best Seller. He specializes in making connections, building relationships and strengthening bonds both inside and outside organizations. His speaking and consulting business helps organizations improve relationships and win business through his time tested sales, service and relationship building system. He is also a co-host of the Nice Guys on Business Podcast.
This was one of my favorite podcasts to date. We covered so much ground in our discussion, including:
- Why taking a long-term approach in business is the only way
- Why building relationships in the professional world will always pay off
- What the best professional relationships are made up of
- How to get yourself in the mindset of building good relationships
- How to be a nice guy in business
- How to engage with direct communication
- Why making the long-term investment is always worth it
- How to get the attention of Seth Godin
- Why it’s important that professionals stay in the human category
- Why every person is approachable
- The importance of balance in your life
- Why being inquisitive is so powerful today
- What good leadership looks like in an organization
- Why it's important to put yourself in more positions to fail
-What are the daily activities professionals can do to be more successful
- Why there isn’t anything positive coming from TV
This podcast was brought to you by Learnloft.com. An online learning company focused on developing the modern professional.
In season 2 episode 6 we are joined by Joshua Davidson @dasjoshua, the CEO of Chopdawg. An award winning application development company helping entrepreneurs and organizations make great ideas become a reality. He consistently shares value to his 650k+ followers on Twitter and Snapchat on topics such as startups, technology development and productivity improvement.
At 23 he is the youngest professional to be on the show but there is much to learn from Joshua. We covered a ton of ground in the discussion including:
- Why he started a company at 16
- What large organizations can learn from a young workforce
- How to work more efficiently and improve your work life balance
- Why they work remotely
- Why Slack has changed their business
- Why he doesn't have mentors
- How to stay patient in building a business
- What's hard about leading a small team
- How to get teams to buy into your vision
- Why this era is a modern day gold rush
- What advice do you give young professional who aspires to big things
- How customer service should be the key to all teams
As always the podcast is brought to you by LearnLoft.com. An online learning company focused on developing the modern learner.
In Season 2 Episode 5, we are joined by LinkedIn expert Lindsey Boggs of lindseyboggs.com. She trains and consults world class organizations such as SAP, LinkedIn, Oracle, on how to leverage social selling to win more business. She was highlighted at LinkedIn Connect in 2015 and named one of the "World's Top Sales Professionals."
She was amazing on the show and there is so much any professional can learn from her career. We covered a ton of ground including:
- Why finding mentors is so important
- How to find mentors
- Why you have to find mentors
- Why you are only in control of your own destiny
- Why you should have mentors outside of your organization
- When you Take Risks the Sky is the Limit
- How to "Act as If"
- How to leverage LinkedIn to increase professional opportunities
- How to set up your LinkedIn Profile
- What famous leaders she would have dinner with
- And much more.
This podcast was brought to you by LearnLoft, on online learning company focused on developing the Modern Professional.