Leadership Requires Great Discipline Because You Can’t Turn it Off. In season 4 Ep. 5 we are joined by Mark Hood. A passenger on flight 1549 that flew into the Hudson, a former US Marine, former VP of Sales and now Senior Consultant at Sales Performance International.
In our discussion we didn't just cover flight 1549 we talked at length about leadership lessons learned from the Marine Core such as: why being a disciplined leader is so important, and why great leaders lead from the front. A few other highlights include:
- 4 Leadership Principles from the Military
- Know yourself and seek self improvement
- Be technically and tactically proficient
- Know your people – Strengths and Weaknesses
- Keep your people informed
- What makes a leader successful?
- Why mission is so important in leadership
- Why fear and worry do nothing for you
- How to have the courage to stand up in the face of adversity
- Why modern professionals always have to prepare up
- Why great leaders know what’s happening when they aren’t there
- What 3 great leaders would Mark have dinner with?
This podcast is brought to you by Learnloft.com.