Chick-Fil-A is famous for a simple response, "It's My Pleasure." In Season 3 episode 2, Dee Ann Turner the VP of Enterprise Social Responsibility at Chick-Fil-A and author of It's My Pleasure: The Impact of Extraordinary Talent and a Compelling Culture, reveals where it came from and the secrets behind Chick-fil-A's revolutionary business model. Turner believes talent offers competitive advantage in any organization, and companies that recognize the value of individuals can succeed not just ethically, but financially as well. In addition to serving on the boards of the Kenya Project and Proverbs 31 ministry, the married mother of three is also active with a variety of family-focused missions that support women and children.
You can find her on Social Media:
There is so much any professional can learn from the story of Chick-Fil-A. We covered a ton of ground in our discussion to help with this learning process, including:
- Where “It’s My Pleasure” comes from
- 3 keys to getting employees to stay at an organization
- The keys to leadership at Chick-Fil-A
- Why purpose is so critical in business
- Why every company is really in the people business
- Why it’s so important to remember the foundation of what success was built on
- Why humility is so important in business and teams
- What core principles Chick-Fil-A looks for in talent?
- How to look for service prior to hiring someone
- Why a leadership track record is so important
This podcast is brought to you by LearnLoft.com. Their purpose is to teach the modern professional how to add value to their organization and the world.